Order Of Service
This Sunday Worship Service Plan is useful for individuals, shut-ins, your family gathered in the den, a nursing facility of sick & elderly, you and your neighbors sitting in the backyard, or any group of believers who share a need to gather and give thanks and praise to The Lord God.
This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Please be aware that this is not to replace your own home church’s services but a supplement to weekly worship that you can provide for those not as fortunate to have a home church or for those who do have one but are hesitant to attend in person until the coronavirus has been contained.
So many shut-ins I visit in my ministry as a family care pastor are unable to get to church at all any more. So why not take the worship service to them wherever they are. Whether in nursing homes, hospitals, hospice homes, or your living room. We are the church, not the building where we meet.
Each and every week there will be a new Weekly Worship Service Plan posted, complete with Prayers, Praise Music, Sunday School lesson, Sermon and more by Tuesday or Wednesday so you can prepare to lead your group.
These services will remain on the website permanently so if you miss a week and want to go back and catch up it won’t be a problem at all.
These services and many other resources to assist you in both public and private worship can be found on the FaithByTheWord Menubar at the top of this page under “Worship”.
Please let us know how this works for you and if you have any suggestions for improvement. Please share this Facebook Post with as many as you can. You never know who might come to know The Lord from such a time as this.
Preparing For This Service
- The Bible Study Lesson listed below can be opened and read just by clicking on the link to it or printed on your printer. Most lessons are around 5 pages long. Please free to browse the Library Of Lessons store on this website.
- You may want to print this service on your printer by simply selecting the print function in whatever browser you are using to access the internet.
- The Call To Worship Opening Prayer can be used as is or used as a model for developing your own. God does not care what comes out of your mouth but what comes out of you heart.
- The Praise & Worship Songs include a printable sheet of lyrics. You may want to print them out so everyone can sing along. Sing out loud! God does not care what comes out of your mouth but what comes out of you heart!!! The music is played by clicking on the Song Title on the page of lyrics.
- The Sermon For Today lists a few of my favorite preachers from which you can choose. Preaching is a matter of personal taste as long as it is Bible based and true to The Word Of God. There are many great preachers that you can choose to hear on demand. A tremendous resource is the website OnePlace.com. Take a look and feast on The Word Of God to your heart’s content!
- The Closing Prayer & Blessing can be used as is or used as a model for developing your own. Again, God does not care what comes out of your mouth but what comes out of you heart.
- The Invitation To Come To Christ is an important part of any public worship service. Please read thru “The Plan” found on the Menubar on this page for a better understanding of how you can share The Plan Of Salvation with your loved ones.
Call To Worship
This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
We have come together today to glorify and honor you for the privilege of coming straight to The Throne Of Grace with our prayers and petitions. Your love and grace for us is only exceeded by the mercy you hold in Your heart for each one of us. Even though it seems like the coronavirus pestilence will never end we know this time in our lives will only seem like a blip in time when we are finally at home with you for all eternity in Heaven! We know this is Your perfect plan and just pray You will please help us understand where and how we fit in so we can stay in the center of Your will. May everything we say and do here today bring praise, glory, and honor to your holy and precious name.
Today’s Scripture For Inspiration
You Can Run But You Can’t Hide
Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
When Naaman could not hide his leprosy anymore, he confided directly in his boss, the king of Syria (II Kings 5).
The king was anxious at how Naaman’s revelation impacted himself. What if his enemies discovered that his star general was in a weakened condition and set out to attack them? When Naaman told his wife, she must have been frightened for the future. What would become of the comfortable life to which she was accustomed?
Sometimes, we believe that concealing our sin is the best plan for ourselves and those that our confession might impact, but those who hide their sins never prosper. Unconfessed sin eats away at our souls and infects the very ones we hope to protect. Only those who confess to obtain mercy (Proverbs 28:13).
Gladly embrace the wise counsel of a trusted friend over the acquaintance who comforts with what-we-want-to-hear platitudes. A true friend will correct out of love; it may wound us in the short term but works for our greater good. The one who kisses and compliments may be motivated by a hidden agenda and has no concern for our welfare.
Seek out a trustworthy envoy who will pray and speak the truth of God – even if it stings – to bring about the healing that leads to for
Today’s Bible Study Lesson
- Why does God allow us to go thru trials & tribulations? (Lesson #3 of Pestilence)
- Allow 20 Minutes
- Please note that the date on the lesson was the original date I taught the lesson to the seniors at Harvest Baptist Church.
- This is the second in a series of 4 lessons we will cover in the coming weeks.
- This series will answer many questions those of us who are unsettled by the coronavirus and are self-quarantining at home, those of us whose churches have shut down, and those of us who have been furloughed from our jobs until this plague is under control. This series will discuss what the Bible says about plagues and pestilence and what this all means and then focus on the experiences we are now enduring with this “pestilence of biblical proportion”..
Song Of Praise & Worship
Preaching is a matter of personal taste as long as it is Bible based and true to The Word Of God. There are many great preachers that you can choose to hear on demand. A tremendous resource is the website OnePlace.com. Take a look and feast on The Word Of God to your heart’s desire!
Some of my favorite Sunday Services include:
- Harvest Baptist Church July 19, 2020
- Harvest Baptist Church July 12, 2020
- Harvest Baptist Church July 5, 2020
- Harvest Baptist Church June 28, 2020
- Harvest Baptist Church June 21, 2020
- Harvest Baptist Church June 14, 2020
- Harvest Baptist Church June 7, 2020
- Harvest Baptist Church May 31, 2020
- Harvest Baptist Church May 24, 2020
- Harvest Baptist Church May 17, 2020
- Dr. J. Vernon McGee
- Dr. David Jeremiah
- Dr. Charles Stanley
- Dr. Chuck Swindol
- Adrian Rogers
Invitation To Come To Christ
The Romans Road To Salvation
The Romans Road to salvation is a way of explaining the good news of salvation using verses from the Book of Romans. It is a simple yet powerful method of explaining why we need salvation, how God provided salvation, how we can receive salvation, and what are the results of salvation.
We are all sinners
The first verse on the Romans Road to salvation is Romans 3:23, ‘For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.’ We have all sinned. We have all done things that are displeasing to God. There is no one who is innocent. Romans 3:10-18 gives a detailed picture of what sin looks like in our lives.
The penalty for sin is hell
The second Scripture on the Romans Road to salvation, Romans 6:23, teaches us about the consequences of sin – ‘For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.’ The punishment that we have earned for our sins is death. Not just physical death, but eternal death!
We must confess our sins
The fourth stop on the Romans Road to salvation is Romans 10:9, ‘that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.’
We must call on The Lord
Because of Jesus’ death on our behalf, all we have to do is believe in Him, trusting His death as the payment for our sins – and we will be saved! Romans 10:13 says it again, ‘for everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’ Jesus died to pay the penalty for our sins and rescue us from eternal death. Salvation, the forgiveness of sins, is available to anyone who will trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
What this means to you
The final aspect of the Romans Road to salvation is the results of salvation. Romans 5:1 has this wonderful message, ‘Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.’ Through Jesus Christ we can have a relationship of peace with God. Romans 8:1 teaches us, ‘Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.’ Because of Jesus’ death on our behalf, we will never be condemned for our sins. Finally, we have this precious promise of God from Romans 8:38-39, ‘For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.’
ABCs Of Salvation: Where the rubber meets the road
(A)dmit that you are a sinner.
Romans 3:23 KJV – For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Romans 6:23 KJV – For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
(B)elieve that Jesus died to pay for your sins.
John 3:16-17 KJV – For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
(C)onfess your sins and (C)all on Jesus for salvation.
1 John 1:9 KJV – If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Acts 2:21 KJV – And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
God, I know that I am a sinner. I know that I deserve the consequences of my sin. However, I am trusting in Jesus Christ as my Savior. I believe that His death and resurrection provided for my forgiveness. I trust in Jesus and Jesus alone as my personal Lord and Savior. Thank you Lord, for saving me and forgiving me! Amen!
Song Of Praise & Worship
- God Be With You
- Includes Printable Lyrics
- Click the title to play the music
Closing Prayer & Blessing
Lord Jesus, we came this morning praying that Your mercy would pour out on us and ease our fears and concerns as this virus continues to threaten our land and lives and you have done just that. We are grateful for the time we have been able to spend with You in praise, worship, and fellowship. Thank you for loving us so much You gave your life for us on the cross so we can have a home in heaven some day. Father, you have been gracious to provide all our needs for our entire lives. Guide us as we go back to our homes. Show us the right way to follow throughout the week, and when we come back, we shall testify of the great things that you have done in our lives. In Jesus’ name, we believe and pray, Amen.
A Blessing As We Go Forward This week
And now may the Lord bless you, and may the Lord keep you. May the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you, giving you his peace. May you be committed to doing the will of God, living in the perfect providential graciousness of God your Father. He will send his angels before you to prepare your way, and behind you to be your rear guard. Know that you will live within his divine favor, because you are obedient to him. May the Lord bless you now in all things. Do not be ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, for it is the power of God for salvation and life.